- The results of this report reflect the conclusion drawn from approved gemological testing methods at the date and time of examination.
- Any alteration to the report or gemstone will makes this report invalid. A gemstone can be modified/enhanced at anytime.
- The contents of this Gemstone Identification Report contains, the identification of the gemstone along with the photographic image, dimensions, weight and stating an opinion on treatments when detectable by approved gemological testing practices.
- The physical appearance of the gemstone may be different from the photographic image of the stone in this report.
- Any comment on treatment and origin of the gemstone is an opinion of AGTL given when a conclusion can be drawn from approved gemological testing and by referring to available literature.
- Any Corundum where no evidence of heat treatment is detected, It will be noted in the comment section with "No Indications of heating or (NTE)"
- Any Corundum where evidence of heat treatment is detected without residues, It will be noted in the comment section with "Indications of heating or (TE)"
- Any corundum that shows indications of having undergone heat treatment and a degree of healing along (previous) fractures which also contain a residue(s) from the heating process, shall be noted in the comment section as follows:
"Indications of heating with minor (TE1/TE2)/moderate (TE3/TE4)/significant (TE5)residue in healed fissures "
- Any corundum that shows indications of having undergone heat treatment and the presence of vitreous residue in a cavity/cavities, shall be noted in the comment section as follows :
"Indications of heating with minor (C1)/moderate (C2)/significant (C3) residue in cavities "
- Any corundum that shows indications of having undergone heat treatment accompanied by the lattice diffusion of a chemical element(s) from an external source will be described as:
"Indications of heating, shallow colour modified by lattice diffusion of chemical elements from an external source." Recutting of these gemstones require special care especially if the color is confined to the surface.
- Detecting of lattice diffusion by light elements such as beryllium require further testing with sophisticated equipment such as LIBS (Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy) and more precisely with LA !CP MS (Laser Ablation Inductively Couples Plasma Mass Spectroscopy) which are not presently utilised by AGTL.
- Any corundum that shows indications of having undergone clarity enhancement/modification usually assisted by heating, through he filling fissures with glass shall be described as follows:
"Indications of minor (F1)/moderate (F2)/significant (F3) clarity enhancement by a glass filler in fissures"
- Heavily fractured corundum infused with glass will be identified as
"Species : Manufactured Product / Variety : Ruby Composite/Sapphire Composite or Corundum Corn posite" depending on the gemstone being tested.
- Gemstones are routinely heat treated or irradiated, many of these treatments can not be detected, this usually applies to Beryl, Garnet, Quartz, Spodumene, Topaz, Tourmaline, Zircon, Zoisite and other gemstones.
- The results stated in this report are by no means a guarantee, or a statement and/or assessment of mone tary value.
- AGTL may decline the issuance of a report at anytime.
- AGTL and its employees can not be held accountable for any loss, injury, damage or destruction of articles entrusted for examination while in the possession of AGTL resulting from any cause whatsoever.
- AGTL and its employees can not be held responsible for any loss or damage due to omissions or errors in the report even if proven to be caused by AGTL and its employees.
- The term "Gemstone Identification Report" and "Gemstone Report" refer to the same document and are interchangeable.